Saturday, September 22, 2012

Hot Sauce




Started with a giant basket (800g) of hot peppers. I'm not sure what variety they are. I asked the guy at the store which peppers were the hottest, and this is what he gave me...
Diced onion, alongside my trusty Opinel.
Chopped up peppers; they are a thing of beauty!
Close-up of the peppers - they were such a vivid green color!
9v battery for size comparison; that's a mighty clove of garlic!
That should be enough...

Sweet peppers - I'm going to roast them and add them to the mix for a little smoky flavor. The other benefit of adding these is avoiding the need to add any sugar to the sauce; they provide just the right amount of sweetness.
Roasting the peppers.
Peppers, onions, garlic, and olive oil together in the pot. 
Finished cooking them, and they're about to go in the blender for their final dissolution ;)
Finished sauce on the stove.


Finished! The big jar is for me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment