Sunday, September 23, 2012

Paprika Chicken


This is one of my favorite recipes, care of my lovely aunt Josie. It has been a staple in my house for about 5 years now, so I thought I'd show off how it's done.

To start with, you need a LOT of paprika (I use about 1/3 to 1/2 cup, depending on how strong the flavor is). A little (1 tsp.) of chili powder gives it a nice edge. Lately, I've been putting turmeric in everything, so I put in a dash of that too.
Onions and garlic sauteed in butter and a tablespoon of leftover bacon grease.

After the onions and garlic are browned, I added yoghurt and all the spices to the mix, cooked for another minute or so, and then tossed the whole lot in the blender.

A copule nice chicken breasts, fried in butter...let's have a close up of those, shall we?

Once the chicken is cooked, the mix from the blender goes back on top. At this point, it's nice to let the whole thing cook on low heat for about 10 minutes, which gives time to make a side dish.
Completed meal, with broccoli as a side. It turned out quite well, though the paprika in Korea is a distinctly different flavor than what I was getting at the House of Spice in Toronto.
Dinner for two!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorites, too. Also great with Naan bread!

    ReplyDelete