Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

A thing of beauty - smothered in cheddar and Jalapeño sauce

Making pulled pork sandwiches is easy - the only thing is, you need pulled pork!

I found this gorgeous pork butt for $3 at the supermarket, and I just couldn't resist. It was almost 4 pounds of meat!
Pork next to the spice mix (which was an amalgam of things I found in the cupboard...paprika, chili powder, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, cumin, and turmeric - I think)
Gently massaging the rub into the meat.
Once the pork was coated, I wrapped it up tight and put it in the fridge. I think it was in there for about 5 hours...supposed to be longer, but hey, I was hungry.
(toaster) oven roasted pork in all its glory. I used a metal measuring cup full of water on the tray with it to maintain moisture while cooking (for about 4 hours).
Pulling the pork. Despite cooking for less than a recommended duration, it fell apart very easily.
All pulled - time to make some sandwiches!
But first, let's see a close-up of that delicious pork!
My lovely wife made some homemade buns for us to use.
Into the toaster oven they go, one last time, to make sure they're nice and toasty.
On the plate, with a generous topping of homemade Jalapeño sauce

1 comment: