Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Chicken and Veggie Enchiladas

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I made enchiladas for my neighbor's Thanksgiving party. She is a vegetarian, so some of them only had zucchini and mushrooms in them.
These I sauteed, with a little taco seasoning sprinkled on the zucchini, which I left pretty firm, so the veggie ones would have some texture inside.
Of course, I had to respect the meat-eaters at the party (and have something for myself to eat), so I made some with chicken too.
The secret to good chicken enchiladas is pulling the chicken apart with two forks while it's frying. You just keep flipping it over and pulling off as much as you can of the cooked meat.
This technique gives you a pile of stringy chicken that really accepts flavor well - in this case, I used taco spice mix.
The strands of chicken are also a lot easier to work with when it comes time to roll them.
All of the ingredients, ready to be made into enchiladas.
Chicken enchilada in the process of being rolled.
Inside the veggie version.
All rolled and ready to go in the oven.
Lookin' golden brown!
Look at those beauties! Almost a shame I covered 'em in sauce and cheese.





No comments:

Post a Comment